Join a massive wave of action for justice, jobs, and the climate
From the Facebook event page:
***We would like to acknowledge and honour that all of the work we do is currently being done on unceded Algonquin Territory that was never given up and never surrendered***
…More to come…
March Route: Marching north on Eligin Street, onto Rideau, turn onto Sussex Drive marching north
Starting point: Human Rights Monument
Ending point: US Embassy
We invite you to join the Peoples Climate Movement on Saturday, April 29th; as we march to:
– Advance solutions to the climate crisis rooted in racial, social and economic justice, and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
– Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
– Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
– Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
– Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all, not an economy that feeds the machinery of war.
– Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
For more information on People’s Climate Marches, visit peoplesclimate.org.