The final public hearing of testimonials from survivors of Canada’s residential schools is being held from this coming Thursday (March 27) through Sunday (March 30).
Live streaming of the Edmonton Truth and Reconciliation Commission hearings will be offered at First United Church (347 Richmond Rd. in Ottawa) in the chapel. There will be a host to orient you to what is going on, and provide hot drinks.
Free for all who wish to come and be a caring witness. See schedule below for daily times (all in the afternoons and evenings).
We invite you to come and gather in community as long distance witnesses to the proceedings. Our witness is important. A full schedule of events can be viewed on the www.trc.ca website under events – livestreaming is available to everyone through that website.
- Opening Ceremony: Thurs March 27th 12-2pm
- Commissioners Sharing: Fri March 28th 3-5pm
- Call to Gather: Fri March 28th 6-8pm
(includes Honorary Witness Ceremony and Expressions of Reconciliation)
- Commissioners Sharing: Sat, March 29th 11am-2pm & 3-5pm
- Call to Gather: Sat March 29th 6-8pm
- Expressions of reconciliation: Sun March 30th 11am-12noon
- Commissioners Sharing: Sun March 30th 12-2pm, 3-5pm
- Survivor Birthday Celebration: Sun March 30th 5-5:30pm
- Closing Ceremony: Sun March 30th 6-8p.m
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org