IPSMO is committed to documenting what we can of the various events we help to put on, as well as other content that is relevant.
We have both a YouTube channel and Vimeo account through which we publish these videos.
Here is one of our most recent videos recorded in Nov. 2011:
The Psychic Landscape of Contemporary Colonialism, Lecture by Taiaiake Alfred, of the Indigenous Governance program, University of Victoria
November 9, 2011 – University of Ottawa – Unceded Algonquin Territory
Indigenous Peoples Land and Resource Rights in Latin America: Law and Practice Lecture by José Aylwin, Observatorio Ciudadano, Universidad Austral de Chile
José is a well known lawyer from Chile, specializing in indigenous rights.
November 17, 2011 – Université de Québec en Outaouais – Unceded Algonquin Territory
The Achuar vs Talisman Energy
Peas Peas Ayui, President of the National Achuar Federation of Peru with Gregor MacLennan of Amazon Watch
The Achuar are resisting attempts by Calgary-based Talisman Energy to drill for oil on their traditional territory in the northern Peruvian Amazon
November 25, 2011 – University of Ottawa – Unceded Algonquin Territory
Some other videos are:
Cindy Blackstock, ‘Is This Our Canada’ public lecture (How racial discrimination in children’s services undermines the potential of this generation of First Nations children and what you can do to help) Sept 2010:
- Part1: Cindy Blackstock, Is this our Canada?
- Part2: Cindy Blackstock, Is this our Canada?
- Part3: Cindy Blackstock, Is this our Canada?
- Part4: Cindy Blackstock, Is this our Canada?
- Part5: Cindy Blackstock, Is this our Canada? (slide show)
Indigenous Sovereignty Week 2009
- Ben Powless speaking on Indigenous Resistance to Protect the Amazon
Wed Oct 28: Jack Woodward on Beaver Lake Cree First Nation and the Tar Sands
Mon Oct 26: Indigenous Perspectives on the Environment
- Part 1: Clayton Thomas-Muller introduces evening
- Part 2: more from Clayton Thomas-Muller
- Part 3: Gitz Crazy Boy on the tar sands
- Part 4: Gitz Crazy Boy, continued
- Part 5: Gitz Crazy Boy, continued again
- Part 6: Daryl Sainnawap (Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug)
- Part 7: Daryl Sainnawap, continued
- Part 8: Daryl Sainnawap, continued again
- Part 9: Daryl Sainnawap, more
- Part 10: Daryl Sainnawap, even more
- Part 11: Clayton Thomas-Muller, interlude
- Part 12: Eriel Deranger on the tar sands
- Part 13: Eriel Deranger, continued
- Part 14: Q&A discussion with all panelists
- Part 15: Q&A discussion, continued
Sun Oct 25: Remembering Residential Schools
PowerShift Canada 09 conference
- Fri Oct 23: Clayton Thomas-Muller speaking on the tar sands, as one of the keynote addresses opening the conference
- Dead Prez, talking then singing Hell Yeah
- Dead Prez, talking with Eriel Deranger about the tar sands, then singing War Path
- Dead Prez, singing Politrikkks