Join us to celebrate the launch of UPPING THE ANTI number eight!
Panel Discussion: Algonquins Defend the Forest
- Norman Matchewan, Barriere Lake Community Spokesperson
- Martin Lukacs, Barriere Lake Solidarity Montreal
- Matt Kristjansson, Indigenous Peoples Solidarity Movement Ottawa
Tuesday June 9, 8:00 pm
Exile Infoshop, 256 Bank Street Suite 200 (Second Floor)
Suggested Donation: $5.00; $10.00 with journal
No one turned away for lack of funds
[[[ IN THIS ISSUE ]]]
Upping the Anti number eight includes:
- Interviews with David McNally, Sam Gindin, and Leo Panitch on the economic crisis
- Interview with Deborah Gould on the legacy of ACT UP
- Interview with Helen Hudson on building sustainable movements
- John Clarke on anti-poverty organizing during the economic crisis
- Shourideh Molavi on Palestine solidarity organizing after the assault on Gaza
- Shiri Pasternak on the struggle at Barriere Lake
- Roundtable with members of the Student Liberation Action Movement (SLAM)
- Roundtable on activist study groups
and more… http://uppingtheanti.org
[[[ WHO WE ARE ]]]
UPPING THE ANTI: A JOURNAL OF THEORY AND ACTION is a radical journal published twice a year by a pan-Canadian collective of activists and organizers.
We are dedicated to publishing radical theory and analysis about struggles against capitalism, imperialism, and all forms of oppression.
In our first seven issues, we’ve published articles by and interviews with renowned activists and intellectuals, including Aijaz Ahmad, Himani Bannerji, Grace Lee Boggs, Ward Churchill, Michael Hardt, John Holloway, Sunera Thobani, and many more.
In every issue, activists and organizers reflect on the state of contemporary organizing in Canada and beyond. We publish theoretical and critical articles, interviews and roundtables. UPPING THE ANTI also includes a book review section where activists assess new writing on the Left.